I made my first crafterly video for YouTube: a walkthrough of my knitting & crochet project notions bag, sharing the tools and notions I like to keep on hand at all times when I'm working on a project! Click below to watch, or find it here on YouTube if you want to give it a thumbs-up or subscribe to my channel.
These are, of course, the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my stash of yarn craft supplies but they are things I end up using for nearly every project and feel are worth it to carry around with me.
You can watch the video for the full walkthrough and a quick explanation of why I carry each item (if you're a newer knitter or crocheter this might be useful to you as you put together your own notions bag!), and a full list is here:
- Notions Bag from Mama Bleu Designs on Etsy
- Bryson Rubber Ring Markers
- Clover Locking Stitch Markers
- Bobby pins - regular Goody bobby pins
- Chibi Tapestry Needles
- Moleskine Cahier Journal
- Sharpie Pen
- Post-it Notes - I just use whichever plain post-it notes are handy.
- Ravelry Needle/Hook Gauge
- Gingher 4" Knife Edge Scissors
- Crochet Hook, size G
- Scrap Yarn - leftovers from my stash!
- Nail File - I save the mini ones I get when I buy the Sally Hansen Nail Strip kits.
Most of these items will be carried at your favorite LYS and you'll be able to put together some variation of this kit for under $25.
Do you carry anything in your notions bag that you don't see in mine? I'd love to know about it - please leave a comment below or share on Instagram with the hashtag #whatsinmynotionsbag - I really love to get peeks inside other peoples' bags (so nosy) so I'd love to see yours!