Yarn for more mitts! My third pair from this pattern-to-be (which is with the tech editor now!). I've made them with two solid yarns, and then with two variegated yarns, and now I want to see what they'll look like with a solid and a variegated together. The brown is Bijou Basin Tibetan Dream (leftovers from my first pair) and the green is Pagewood Farm St. Elias (leftovers from my second).
It's business time for a sweater design I'm working on, so that will be my primary crafting focus for a while. It has a deadline coming up, but it's not something I can blog about quite yet. The mitts will be a good supplementary project to bring with me as car knitting for a while, since they're so much more portable and don't require as much brain power.
Charlie's face makes me smile in this picture. He's such a charming lounger! We started that houseplant area over the weekend. On Saturday we bought a single larger dracaena plant but it turns out that those are toxic to dogs - um, oops. Charlie is well past his Captain Destructo phase and we're pretty sure he wouldn't eat a houseplant, but still, back it went, to be replaced with two smaller plants which are non-toxic according to the ASPCA (here's a handy link to their list of toxic and non-toxic plants!). Hopefully I won't kill them and we'll add more to that corner, as well. We had both stands already, and I spray painted the taller one a cheery aqua color that Jacob and I both like a lot.
There's a new little succulent arrangement for the top shelf of the built-ins across the room, too. Please be hardy, little ones!