Last month on YouTube I started sharing "monthly favorites" videos. These are popular on YouTube and I love to watch them - most of the time the people I watch are recommending beauty products, with assorted household goodies and some wearables, and it turns out that's mostly what I have to share as well. This month - and hopefully from here on out - I'm adding a "cookbook of the month" recommendation and I'm pretty excited about that, because I have a shelf of great cookbooks that I definitely need to use more!
The full video is embedded above, but if you just want the products and highlights of why I love each one, here's a list for you!
• EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46: my dermatologist suggested I use this, and it is now my favorite facial sunscreen ever. (Ever ever!) It calms my sensitive skin, protects from sun damage, and feels good not gross. A+
• Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep: love this on non-shampoo days (sooooo... most days) to freshen the roots of my hair and add volume without residue or flakes.
• It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer: this stuff just works. If you've got serious dark circles and want a full-coverage concealer, give it a try!
• Zero UV Sunglasses: silly but cute. Now that I am wearing contacts some days I love having the option to try inexpensive sunglasses! Yes, I know that it's a little silly that one of my favorite things about contacts is I can wear a different type of glasses. (I am vast, contain multitudes, etc. Actually I just like glasses.)
• Project Life 6X8 Album (fits A5 planner inserts!): these have two rings that align perfectly with the center holes in the three-hole groups of A5 planner inserts. I'm now using this album to store my extra planner dashboards, bookmarks, and weekly pages for future months that I don't want to carry around with me. Cute, inexpensive, and practical!
• Afro Vegan, by Bryant Terry: delicious vegan recipes with African, Caribbean, and Southern flavors. Flavors are fresh and vibrant, and showcase the ingredients so well. I would not say this is a beginner cookbook but if you enjoy cooking and want some great new vegan recipes, definitely check this out! Everything I've made so far I've ended up making more than once because the food is tasty.
(These are Amazon Affiliate links above.)
That's it for February - I hope you've had a great month, and if you try anything on the list above please do let me know. Also, if you have any new and delicious cookbook recommendations (don't have to be vegan - I like all kinds of good food!), please leave a comment - I'd love to hear them!